Enrich your vocabulary | Bereichern Sie Ihren Wortschatz:
- Abdicate [v.]: to give up all hope of ever having a flat stomach.
- Aquadextrous [adj.]: possessing the ability to turn the bathtub faucet on and off with your toes.
- Baldage [n.]: the accumulation of hair in the drain after showering.
- Balderdash [n.]: a rapidly receding hairline.
- Bargue [v.]: to whine, fuss, and complain a great deal while at the same time trying to get someone to see your point of view.
- Bustard [n.]: a very rude Metrobus driver.
- Champaign [n.]: the marketing of a fizzy wine.
- Circumvent [n.]: the opening in the front of US boxer shorts.
- Coffee [n.]: a person who is coughed upon.
- Dopeler effect [n.]: The tendency of stupid ideas to seem smarter when they come at you rapidly.
Esplanade [n.]: to attempt an explanation while drunk.
- Flatulence [n.]: the emergency vehicle that picks you up after you are run over by a steamroller.
Flabbergasted [adj.]: appalled over how much weight you have gained.
- Foreploy [n.]: any misrepresentation about yourself for the purpose of getting laid.
- Frisbatarianism [n.]: the belief that, when you die, your soul goes up on the roof and gets stuck there.
- Gargoyle [n.]: an olive-flavored mouthwash.
- Giraffiti [n.]: vandalism spray-painted at high locations.
- Glibido [n.]: all talk and no action.
- Hipatitis [n.]: terminal coolness.
- Ignoranus [n.]: a person who's both stupid and an asshole.
- Inoculatte [v.]: to take coffee intravenously in an attempt to avoid running late in the future.
- Intaxication [n.]: euphoria at getting a tax refund, which lasts until you realize it was your money to start with.
- Lymph [v.]: to walk with a lisp.
- Negligent [adj.]: describes a condition in which you absentmindedly answer the door in your nightie.
- Omnibiblious [adj.]: indifferent to type of drink.
- Osteopornosis [n.]: a degenerate disease.
- Rectitude [n.]: the formal, dignified demeanor assumed by a proctologist immediately before he examines you.
- Reintarnation [n.]: coming back to life as a hillbilly.
- Sarchasm [n.]: the gulf between the author of sarcastic wit and the person who doesn't get it.
- Sniglet [n.]: any word which should appear in the dictionary but does not.
- Testicle [n.]: a humorous question in an exam.
- Willy-nilly [v.]: impotent.
- Yotate [v.]: to allow a yo-yo to unwind itself.
- Zipcuffed [v.]: to be trapped in one's trousers by a faulty zipper.
The majority of the above sniglets I've found in newsgroups and on the web.
| || |